Established in 1958, The Beasley Firm has represented countless injury victims and have beenawarded more than $2 billion in compensation – something that no other Pennsylvania firm can match. Our Philadelphia personal injury and trial lawyers are passionate about advocating for the catastrophically injured; those who have lost loved ones, family members, or those tragically hurt in a serious accident.
Founded nearly 60 years ago by James Beasley Sr., The Beasley Firm was one of the first plaintiff’s firms in all of Philadelphia. Within just a few years, James Beasley Sr. secured the first million dollar verdict in Pennsylvania and proceeded on to win more $1+ million verdicts than any other lawyer in the U.S. While Jim Beasley Sr. passed away in 2004 at the age of 78, The Beasley Firm continues to honor his legacy and provide legal representation and counsel that is a step above the rest.
Top 5 largest verdicts
- $907 million verdict against Ira Einhorn for the murder of his girlfriend, Holly Maddux.
- $104 million verdict in 2003 on behalf of the families of victims of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. The verdict was directed against the Republic of Iraq, al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, and the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.
- $100 Million verdict involving an adult heart surgeon who operated on a baby who required a relatively simple heart surgery. Dr. Cavarrocci was unfamiliar with the tiny anatomy of a very small, premature neonate, and his lack of knowledge caused the baby to suffer severe brain damage and amputation of his arm.
- $55 Million verdict against the world famous cardiothoracic heart surgeon, William Norwood, M.D., who performed an unauthorized surgical procedure on Stephen Gault, rendering him severely brain damaged and in permanent need of lifelong care.
- $37 Million verdict where Jim Beasley, Sr. and Marsha Santangelo tried a six week long medical negligence case on behalf of a brain injured child. The suit involved obstetrical negligence which caused a mother to deliver her baby prematurely and immediately after the birth, another doctor caring for the premature baby in the delivery room put the breathing tube into the baby’s esophagus instead of the lungs.
Largest Verdict- Case Details
- Settlement Amount : $907,000,000.00
- Type of Case : Murder
- Name of Case : Estate of Holly Maddux v. Ira Einhorn
- Court : Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Date : July 28th, 1999
- State : Pennsylvania
- Lead Planitiffs Attorney Name : James E. Beasley
- Plaintiffs Law Firm : Beasley, Casey & Erbstein, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Law Firm Phone Number : (215) 592-1000
- Law Firm URL : https://www.yelp.com/biz/beasley-casey-and-erbstein-attys-philadelphia
- Lead Defense Attorneys : None
- Defenses Law Firm Name : None
- Law Firm Phone Number : None
- Law Firm URL : None