Legal Help For Families That Have Suffered From Birth Injuries
Every medical negligence case is unique, but there are common types of injuries that infants wrongfully suffer because of hospital error. Sadly, these medical mistakes often have a profound impact on the life of a baby.
While nearly all birth injuries are irreversible, a successful malpractice lawsuit allows the victim and family to recover damages for past, present and future medical expenses. Other damages — such as loss of income/earnings, emotional distress and pain and suffering — may also be available to help ease the burden on families.
The following list includes birth injuries that McKeen & Associates, P.C., handles:
- Brain damage from reduced blood flow/ischemia
- Errors from cesarean delivery, including uterine rupture and failure to perform a C-section on time or conduct appropriate fetal monitoring
- Failure to treat or diagnose issues relating to the mother during childbirth, including high blood pressure, leading to pre-eclampsia and eclampsia
- Negligent actions during birth, such as using too much force in forceps/vacuum extractions that result in harm to your baby. Such injuries could include Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia and others.
- Failing to treat or diagnose severe jaundice/high bilirubin, including brain damage caused by kernicterus
- Medical negligence leading to infections
- Birth injuries from a lack of oxygen
- Errors involving in vitro fertilization
- Pitocin overdose
- A compressed umbilical cord
- Brain Damage From Reduced Blood Flow/Ischemia